Free floating threads 12 cm - Definisse
- Resorbable support threads with bi-directional and converging notches. Notched length of 12cm. Individual bag. Repositioning for rejuvenation
- Definisse Threads are a line of synthetic monofilament (L-polylactic acid and caprolactone, p(LA-CL)) absorbable support threads indicated when tissue support is needed.
- The notches in Definisse absorbable support threads are designed to provide an immediate lifting effect, as well as a delayed lifting effect through fibrosis along the thread.
- The notches along the support threads act as anchor points to enhance and support the surrounding tissue.
- Once the support threads are in place, the notches open up like mini umbrellas to form a support structure that lifts the sagging skin.
- With these notched sutures, it is possible to form a "J-stitch".
- Each box contains 6 individually wrapped sterile absorbable support threads of 12 cm notched length.
- Definisse Threads absorbable support sutures are composed of a mixture of L-polylactic acid and caprolactone.
- A tensile test conducted on Definisse Threads versus PLLA and other commercially available PLLA-co-PCL support threads showed that Definisse Threads were approximately twice as strong as the other support threads tested.
- Definisse Threads resorbable support threads show greater elasticity and lower plasticity than p(LA) support threads, as indicated by measurements of percent maximum deformation and percent recovery after application - removal of load.
- Definisse Threads were more affected by wear (maximum force of -23% for 23cm threads and -14% for 12cm threads). The maximum force decreased by 10% for PLLA threads and 9% for the other PLLA-co-PCL threads tested.