Double Needle Threads 12 cm - Definisse
- Resorbable support threads with bi-directional and converging notches and a straight incision needle at each end. Notched length of 12 cm. Individual bag. Easy handling and fast results.
- Definisse sutures are a range of synthetic monofilament (L-polylactic acid and caprolactone, p(LA-CL)) notched sutures indicated when tissue support is required.
- The notches in the Definisse absorbable support sutures are designed to provide an immediate lifting effect, as well as a delayed lifting effect through fibrosis along the suture.
- The notches along the support threads act as anchor points to strengthen and support the surrounding tissue.
- Once the support threads are in place, the notches open like mini umbrellas to form a support structure that lifts the loose skin.
- With these notched sutures, it is possible to form a "J-stitch".
- Definisse Threads absorbable support sutures are composed of a mixture of L-polylactic acid and caprolactone.
- A tensile test of Definisse resorbable support threads versus PLLA support threads and another type of commercially available PLLA-co-PCL support thread found that Definisse resorbable support threads were approximately twice as strong as other support threads tested.
- Definisse Threads resorbable support threads show greater elasticity and lower plasticity than p(LA) support threads, as indicated by measurements of percent maximum deformation and percent recovery after application - removal of load.
- Definisse Threads were more affected by wear (maximum force of -23% for 23cm threads and -14% for 12cm threads). The maximum force decreased by 10% for PLLA threads and 9% for the other PLLA-co-PCL threads tested.
You might also like