Aqualyx | Hyaluronic Filler Market
- Aqualyx is an injectable compound from the deoxycholate family. The product may also be called Motolese's Solution, after the professor who introduced the drug.
- The acids in Aqualyx cause the destruction of fat in the body. Plastic surgeons use Aqualyx for body contouring. They can inject it into different areas of the body, such as the :
- the back
- the knees
- Doctors can also use this substance to treat a condition called pseudogynecomastia in men. This condition causes extra fatty tissue to grow in the chest area, giving the appearance of breasts.
- When injected into the body, Aqualyx can reduce the appearance of fat to give a smoother, more contoured appearance. While a person may see changes after a single treatment, it will usually take more than one treatment session to achieve optimal results.
Ingredients of Aqualyx
Aqualyx contains the following ingredients:
- chemical buffers
- modified deoxycholic acid compound
- red microalgae sugars
- other sugars
- sodium chloride
Who is an ideal candidate for Aqualyx?
Aqualyx is for people with good skin elasticity. These are usually (but not always) people between the ages of 18 and 60. Otherwise, the treatment may cause the skin to look slack after the injections.
How are Aqualyx injections performed?
- While the process may vary slightly depending on where the person receives the injections, here are some basic steps you can follow when receiving Aqualyx injections:
- Your doctor will first discuss with you the goals of your treatment.
- The area where you will receive the Aqualyx injection will be cleaned.
- You will receive an injection of local anesthetic to numb the area and reduce discomfort.
- Your doctor will then inject the Aqualyx solution into the targeted area of your body. The amount of Aqualyx used and the number of injections will depend on the area being treated.
- Your doctor will use an ultrasound machine to ensure that the Aqualyx is evenly distributed in the targeted area.
- The process usually takes between half an hour and an hour. You may need up to eight treatments to achieve maximum effect.
- Once the Aqualyx has dissolved the unwanted fat, the effect is considered permanent. However, if you gain weight after the procedure, the results may be less.